HITS, Inc. is a special events management company primarily focused on producing hunter/jumper horse shows. Based in upstate New York in the village of Saugerties, HITS produced its first horse show circuit in Gainesville, Florida in 1982. Since then, HITS has grown into a nationwide company with world-class hunter-jumper circuits in California, Florida, New York, Virginia, Illinois and Vermont.
To apply, send resume to email@example.com
Special Event Coordinator
HITS, LLC is a national company that produces world-class hunter-jumper horse show circuits in California, Florida, New York, Virginia & Vermont. Headquartered in Kingston, New York, we have an immediate opening for a Special Event Coordinator to join the HITS Team and assist with our expanding business needs.
Applicants must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision, and be willing to work evenings and weekends.
Qualified individuals should have a love for special event management, provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic professional, and be able to build relationships with internal and external customers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Hires, trains, manages, and schedules event and support staff.
- Assist with negotiations for space contracts and book event space.
- Arrange and order food and beverage, order supplies and audiovisual equipment, and ensure appropriate décor (floral, linens, color schemes, etc.) to meet the quality expectations of the client.
- Aggressively gather information on each project to achieve quality event productions.
- Conduct research, schedule property tours, and find resources to help clients make decisions about event possibilities.
- Create and revise room layouts for each event.
- Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters.
- Assist with managing on-site production and clean-up for events as necessary.
- Close out all events as required.
- Prepare and modify event contracts as requested.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills, and speaking.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; significant work experience can substitute for the degree.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Meeting, and Event Planning or related field required.
- At least two years of experience in customer service, retail, event planning, or a related field.
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft 365
- Create and assist with mail merges, email blasts and web searches.
Horse Show Secretary – Full-Time
Responsibilities during horse shows include but are not limited to:
- Organizing and inputting all entries and monies received prior to the show
- Preparing class sheets, orders of go, schedules and other organizational needs for the competition
- Travel to either CA or FL for winter show circuit
- Setting up the office and replenishing association forms
- Greeting exhibitors, parents, spectators and sponsors
- Checking in exhibitors and ensuring all association and horse show requirements are met
- Understanding the rules and classes of the show to help exhibitors when entering
- Help exhibitors register for and/or drop classes
- Inputting results as they come in from the rings
- Establishing orders for any class that needs one
- Ensuring exhibitors are in the correct classes
- Preparing and printing reports for the announcers and gates including who will be competing in which classes
- Close accounts with the exhibitors as they finish showing
- Collect outstanding balances that may have been caused by an addition after the exhibitor has closed out
- Prepare results reports and check requests for each association and submit them
Responsibilities during the off-season include but are not limited to:
- Selling and servicing local sponsorships, local ad sales and building and nurturing relationships with the local businesses, hotels and the community
- Pre-event preparation, organization and logistics
- Post-event follow-up, reporting of results and collections
- Handling exhibitor inquiries and assisting with production of Prize Lists and Programs
- Computer skills including proficiency Microsoft Office
- Equine Experience (preferably Hunter/Jumper) preferred
- Willing to travel to Horse Shows in all states in which HITS operates
- Availability on weekends and holidays as required by show schedules
- Sales and Marketing Experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be an organized, independent worker/self-starter with a flexible sensibility to the ever-changing demands of event work
- Must be creative and possess a positive attitude
- Must be a team player and possess the ability to work with multiple departments
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Professional presentation and attire