HITS, Inc. is a special events management company primarily focused on producing hunter/jumper horse shows. Based in upstate New York in the village of Saugerties, HITS produced its first horse show circuit in Gainesville, Florida in 1982. Since then, HITS has grown into a nationwide company with world-class hunter-jumper circuits in California, Florida, New York, Virginia, Illinois and Vermont.
To apply, send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
IT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
Salary Range: $33,410 - $53,535 | Median Salary: $41,324
HITS LLC, IT Support Technician, Position Summary and Responsibilities:
HITS LLC is looking for a highly motivated IT Support Technician, willing to work hands on with projects at its home office in Saugerties, as well its various horse show facilities currently in Saugerties, Virginia, Vermont, Chicago and Ocala, Florida.
The IT Support Technician is responsible for working directly with the IT Director. The IT Support Technician maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs PC desktop hardware, software, and computer peripherals as well as assists with project implementations. The Support Technician also supports wired and wireless networks, VOIP Telecommunications, and Audio-Visual (AV) as needed.
- Must demonstrate ability to interact with a diverse staff of various levels of technical expertise.
- Require proficiency in Windows, MS 365, Google apps, Dropbox, browsers, email.
- Provide technical support for staff remotely and in office.
- Manage daily schedule of installs and handle incoming support calls and emails.
- Diagnose system, network, and other errors or technical problems and apply the proper solutions.
- Ability to work with Computers, Network Equipment and Servers
- Willing to learn Data cabling and work in environments that may need cable runs on roofs and poles
- Working knowledge of Internet connectivity and LAN / WAN technology.
- Analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Experience installing and maintaining Microsoft Windows based operating systems in a networked environment.
- Strong PC troubleshooting skills.
- Basic understanding of networking principles and experience working in a Microsoft Active Directory environment.
- Experience with AV set-up and support.
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment and maintain collaborative relationships.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to show a high level of service responsiveness to internal customers.
- Schedule flexibility to cover some off-hours upgrades, event support, etc.
- Regular work requires a great deal of sitting, standing, lifting, bending and climbing ladders.
- Ability to lift and carry up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Ability to work flexible schedule on some weekends
- Job involves some travel to event locations including VT, VA & FL
- NYS driver’s license and reliable transportation a must
- Ability to cope with occasional fast pace in a public environment
In addition to competitive salary, HITS, LLC offers participation in its Group Health Plan, 401(k) and paid vacation.
If interested, please send resume and references to email@example.com.
Horse Show Secretary – Full-Time
Responsibilities during horse shows include but are not limited to:
- Organizing and inputting all entries and monies received prior to the show
- Preparing class sheets, orders of go, schedules and other organizational needs for the competition
- Travel to either CA or FL for winter show circuit
- Setting up the office and replenishing association forms
- Greeting exhibitors, parents, spectators and sponsors
- Checking in exhibitors and ensuring all association and horse show requirements are met
- Understanding the rules and classes of the show to help exhibitors when entering
- Help exhibitors register for and/or drop classes
- Inputting results as they come in from the rings
- Establishing orders for any class that needs one
- Ensuring exhibitors are in the correct classes
- Preparing and printing reports for the announcers and gates including who will be competing in which classes
- Close accounts with the exhibitors as they finish showing
- Collect outstanding balances that may have been caused by an addition after the exhibitor has closed out
- Prepare results reports and check requests for each association and submit them
Responsibilities during the off-season include but are not limited to:
- Selling and servicing local sponsorships, local ad sales and building and nurturing relationships with the local businesses, hotels and the community
- Pre-event preparation, organization and logistics
- Post-event follow-up, reporting of results and collections
- Handling exhibitor inquiries and assisting with production of Prize Lists and Programs
- Computer skills including proficiency Microsoft Office
- Equine Experience (preferably Hunter/Jumper) preferred
- Willing to travel to Horse Shows in all states in which HITS operates
- Availability on weekends and holidays as required by show schedules
- Sales and Marketing Experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be an organized, independent worker/self-starter with a flexible sensibility to the ever-changing demands of event work
- Must be creative and possess a positive attitude
- Must be a team player and possess the ability to work with multiple departments
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Professional presentation and attire