HITS, Inc. is a special events management company primarily focused on producing hunter/jumper horse shows. Based in upstate New York in the village of Saugerties, HITS produced its first horse show circuit in Gainesville, Florida in 1982. Since then, HITS has grown into a nationwide company with world-class hunter-jumper circuits in Florida, New York, Virginia and Illinois.
HITS produces two of the richest grand prix in the world with the Great American $1 Million Grand Prix in Ocala, Florida and the Saugerties $500,000 Grand Prix in Saugerties, New York.
To apply, send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
HITS Chicago is seeking an experienced Food & Beverage Manager
- Must be able to travel according to HITS schedule
- Must have Knowledge of Dept. of Health regulations in all states that have HITS shows
- Responsible for overall operation for the restaurant, hire staff, purchase food and stock, and make sure everyone is trained on proper food preparation, proper and legal alcoholic beverage service kitchen safety techniques and understand health standards.
- Work with National Brand of across the board for food pricing & food cost
- Understand of all our food venues, such as VIP & Concessions
- Ensure that the food and beverage outlet is managed successfully as an independent profit center and according to the established concept.
- Coordinate the formulation of the Annual Operating Budget in determining outlet projected revenues and expenses, operating equipment
- Monitor all costs and recommend measures to control them.
- Ensure that the Operational Budget is strictly adhered to.
- Represent the Food and Beverage Department
- Recruit and select Food and Beverage employees.
- Monitor service and food and beverage standards in all outlets. Work with the food and beverage service and culinary teams to take corrective action where necessary.
- Handle all guest complaints, requests and inquiries on food, beverage and service.
- Establish a rapport with guests maintaining good customer relationship.
- Ensure that all Departmental Operations Manuals are prepared and updated.
- Ensure that all Food and Beverage invoices, forms and reports are forwarded to the Corporate / Area Food and Beverage Departments.
- Monitor and analyze the activities and trends of competitors. Ensure that all Outlet Management Teams are fully aware of market needs and trends and that their products meet these requirements.
- Must be an example of the HITS Values, Brand Standards, and a champion of appearance & hygiene guidelines.
- Implement guidelines, policies and procedures for operating departments according to HITS Guidelines & Standards.
- Implement effective training programs for staff in collaboration with Human Resources and Departmental Trainers.
- Assist in the training of employees ensuring that they have the necessary skills to perform their duties with the maximum efficiency and in the most productive manner.
- Manage employee performance and conduct annual performance reviews.
- Carry out quarterly, bi-yearly, yearly inventory
- Assist in the building of an efficient team of employees by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety and development. Ensure you encourage them to maintain good relationships with their colleagues and all other departments.
- Ensure that all employees report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform/attire at all times and ensure they maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene and adhere to HITS appearance standards.
- Ensure that all employees provide a friendly, courteous and professional service at all times.
- Supervise the employees within the department, ensuring that the correct standards and methods of service are maintained as stated in the Operations Manual.
- Ensure that the Department's operational budget is strictly adhered to and that all costs are controlled and expenditure approved.
- Respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the needs of the industry, company or hotel and sharing your plan of action with your superiors.
- Be flexible and extend job duties to carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the job capability as assigned, including redeployment to alternative departments/areas if required, to meet business demands and guest service needs.
- Ensure schedules are posted and timesheets submitted on time.
- Ensure that all employees are treated fairly and consistently as outlined in their terms and conditions of employment, local legislation, and company policies and procedures
- Culinary Education
- Education in F&B Management
- 10 year experience in Food & Beverage in a senior leadership role required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have a proven track record of motivating associates to meet and exceed goals and to provide the highest quality experience for our guests.
- Strong understanding of forecasting, budgeting, scheduling, checkbook management, productivity, inventory controls, P&L analysis, food and beverage cost controls.
- Strong computer and technical skills to include
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and develop growing talent for the company.
- Demonstrated ability to work with Sales & Catering leadership and purchasing leadership.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours as needed during busy times and high profile events, to include evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and long hours.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and be able to handle multiple priorities.
- Must possess a complete working knowledge of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Knowledge of basic accounting, cost control, and cash handling procedures.
- Working knowledge of relevant computer/POS applications.
- Must be knowledgeable about local and federal laws regarding service, sale, and licensing of alcohol and food handling.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism.
MATH and LOGICAL SKILLS: Requires mathematical development sufficient to be able to: Deal with system of real numbers; algebraic solution of equations and probability and statistical inference. Apply fractions, percentages, ratio and proportion. Ability to determine time, place and sequence of operations or action to be taken on the basis of analysis of data; executing determination and/or reporting on events.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or telephone. The employee is required to use body members, hand tools, and/or special devices to work, move, or carry objects or materials. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Requires walking, standing and/or sitting; and to a significant degree, reaching, handling, feeling, talking,
Job Type: Full-time
IT person for a mid to large size company with principal office in Saugerties, New York. Duties to include:
Computer & Information Technology Management
HITS, Inc, is looking for a highly motivated IT manager, willing to work hands on with projects at its home office in Saugerties, as well its various horse show facilities, Diamond Mills Hotel and Tavern, Black Barn Restaurant, and HITS Endurance events. Some travel to event sites is required.
Duties will include a range of tasks including, but not limited to:
- Consulting and assessing current computer equipment in use
- Regular maintenance of hardware and software issues
- Provide user-friendly transition to new equipment when required; data and settings transfer, etc,
- Streamlining the existing network
- Ensuring data recovery is possible quickly in the event of a disaster.
- Organizing and maintaining contracts for phone/internet service at home office and various facilities.
- Organizing and maintaining contracts for network copiers, postage meter, and other hardware and software licenses including SAGE/Peachtree Accounting System and Adobe InDesign Suite.
- Work with POS systems, phone and internet, in-house security cameras, and other networking and AV needs at Diamond Mills Hotel and Tavern.
- Work with Jaguar Timing software for HITS Endurance company, travel to events as needed, currently 8 events per year
- On-call for networking issues at horse show facilities. May require assistance on weekend or off-hours if issues arise during events
- Development and expansion of wireless internet access at horse show facilities for staff and customers. May require travel to each facility once or twice per year.
- Maintenance of existing websites for all companies, including compliance with ADA requirements.
- Maintenance of corporate email structure
- Recommending upgrades for hardware and software with an eye toward efficiency and budget
Candidates should have the following skills:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and general IT skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills; Ability to develop effective solutions to unstructured problems
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, verbal and written
In addition to competitive salary, HITS, Inc. offers participation in its Group Health Plan, 401(k) and paid vacation. If interested, please send resume and references to email@example.com.
HITS Endurance Digital Media and Customer Service Specialist
Position Description Overview - The Digital Media and Customer Service Specialist is responsible for managing all aspects of digital marketing and communications and providing customer service through email, telephone and personal interactions with customers. The position is exempt. Nights and weekend days are required in this position. Travel is required. Key responsibilities are listed below as well as other tasks as assigned.
- Develop and manage digital marketing campaigns via email, social media and website communications
- Devise strategies to drive online traffic to the company’s websites
- Oversee the social media strategy for the company
- Manage updates to company websites
- Provide effective customer service by responding to incoming email and telephone inquiries as well as personal interactions at events
- Manage volunteer recruitment, selection, communications and event implementation
- Manage orders for participant shirts, finisher medals, swim caps, etc.
- Manage Tri Club relationships
- Maintain email lists
- Manage customer surveys
Requirements of the role
- Strong understanding of current digital marketing concepts, strategy and best practice
- Experience in ecommerce, SEO, PPC, Email marketing and social media
- Previous experience in a similar digital marketing role
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of triathlon and running event planning, marketing and management; exceptional customer service practices
- Ability to Manage multiple tasks in a detailed and effective manner; ability to implement cost-effective programs to meet the needs of the race; ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and draft effective plans of action
- Excellent organizational and communication skills; excellent interpersonal and public relations skills
- Detail oriented, flexible and adaptable; ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under pressure
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, make efficient decisions
- Working knowledge of design process for promotional materials and advertising and media plans; ability to work effectively with graphic designer and marketing coordinator
- Computer literate with current software programs, including Microsoft Office, online registration system
- Able and willing to work long hours, nights and weekends; travel extensively
Horse Show Secretary – Full-Time
Responsibilities during horse shows include but are not limited to:
- Organizing and inputting all entries and monies received prior to the show
- Preparing class sheets, orders of go, schedules and other organizational needs for the competition
- Travel to either CA or FL for winter show circuit
- Setting up the office and replenishing association forms
- Greeting exhibitors, parents, spectators and sponsors
- Checking in exhibitors and ensuring all association and horse show requirements are met
- Understanding the rules and classes of the show to help exhibitors when entering
- Help exhibitors register for and/or drop classes
- Inputting results as they come in from the rings
- Establishing orders for any class that needs one
- Ensuring exhibitors are in the correct classes
- Preparing and printing reports for the announcers and gates including who will be competing in which classes
- Close accounts with the exhibitors as they finish showing
- Collect outstanding balances that may have been caused by an addition after the exhibitor has closed out
- Prepare results reports and check requests for each association and submit them
Responsibilities during the off-season include but are not limited to:
- Selling and servicing local sponsorships, local ad sales and building and nurturing relationships with the local businesses, hotels and the community
- Pre-event preparation, organization and logistics
- Post-event follow-up, reporting of results and collections
- Handling exhibitor inquiries and assisting with production of Prize Lists and Programs
- Computer skills including proficiency Microsoft Office
- Equine Experience (preferably Hunter/Jumper) preferred
- Willing to travel to Horse Shows in all states in which HITS operates
- Availability on weekends and holidays as required by show schedules
- Sales and Marketing Experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be an organized, independent worker/self-starter with a flexible sensibility to the ever-changing demands of event work
- Must be creative and possess a positive attitude
- Must be a team player and possess the ability to work with multiple departments
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Professional presentation and attire