HITS, Inc. is a special events management company primarily focused on producing hunter/jumper horse shows. Based in upstate New York in the village of Saugerties, HITS produced its first horse show circuit in Gainesville, Florida in 1982. Since then, HITS has grown into a nationwide company with world-class hunter-jumper circuits in Florida, New York, Virginia and Illinois.
HITS produces two of the richest grand prix in the world with the Great American $1 Million Grand Prix in Ocala, Florida and the Saugerties $500,000 Grand Prix in Saugerties, New York.
To apply, send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Barista experience is preferred for this position.
- Seasonal food service positions available January through March in Ocala, Florida.
- Seasonal pay rates based upon experience.
QUALIFIED WAIT STAFF
Objective: Providing optimal guest satisfaction through professional and friendly engagement, knowledge of the restaurant menu and offerings, and prompt service of food and drinks. Representing Diamond Mills as a fine-dining experience from first to last interaction with every guest.
- Wait-staff, banquet, or food service experience
- Friendly, courteous, and professional communication skills
- Responsiveness and attention-to-detail
- Ability to stand/walk for duration shift
- Must be able to lift and carry service trays weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Available to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be a team-player!
- Greeting guests at their table with an introduction and welcoming statement
- Answering questions about the menu, wine list, etc., in a professional and knowledgeable way
- Taking guests’ order with precision and accuracy and delivering it to the kitchen
- Communicating with bussers, expeditors, and bartenders as needed to meet all of guests requests promptly
- Attending to guests' needs and requests to ensure an optimal experience
- Refilling water, coffee, beverages, condiments, and any other items as needed
- Performing side work, including set-up, break-down, and moving tables and chairs prior to opening and after closing
HITS Endurance Digital Media and Customer Service Specialist
Position Description Overview - The Digital Media and Customer Service Specialist is responsible for managing all aspects of digital marketing and communications and providing customer service through email, telephone and personal interactions with customers. The position is exempt. Nights and weekend days are required in this position. Travel is required. Key responsibilities are listed below as well as other tasks as assigned.
- Develop and manage digital marketing campaigns via email, social media and website communications
- Devise strategies to drive online traffic to the company’s websites
- Oversee the social media strategy for the company
- Manage updates to company websites
- Provide effective customer service by responding to incoming email and telephone inquiries as well as personal interactions at events
- Manage volunteer recruitment, selection, communications and event implementation
- Manage orders for participant shirts, finisher medals, swim caps, etc.
- Manage Tri Club relationships
- Maintain email lists
- Manage customer surveys
Requirements of the role
- Strong understanding of current digital marketing concepts, strategy and best practice
- Experience in ecommerce, SEO, PPC, Email marketing and social media
- Previous experience in a similar digital marketing role
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of triathlon and running event planning, marketing and management; exceptional customer service practices
- Ability to Manage multiple tasks in a detailed and effective manner; ability to implement cost-effective programs to meet the needs of the race; ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and draft effective plans of action
- Excellent organizational and communication skills; excellent interpersonal and public relations skills
- Detail oriented, flexible and adaptable; ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under pressure
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, make efficient decisions
- Working knowledge of design process for promotional materials and advertising and media plans; ability to work effectively with graphic designer and marketing coordinator
- Computer literate with current software programs, including Microsoft Office, online registration system
- Able and willing to work long hours, nights and weekends; travel extensively
Horse Show Secretary – Full-Time
Responsibilities during horse shows include but are not limited to:
- Organizing and inputting all entries and monies received prior to the show
- Preparing class sheets, orders of go, schedules and other organizational needs for the competition
- Travel to either CA or FL for winter show circuit
- Setting up the office and replenishing association forms
- Greeting exhibitors, parents, spectators and sponsors
- Checking in exhibitors and ensuring all association and horse show requirements are met
- Understanding the rules and classes of the show to help exhibitors when entering
- Help exhibitors register for and/or drop classes
- Inputting results as they come in from the rings
- Establishing orders for any class that needs one
- Ensuring exhibitors are in the correct classes
- Preparing and printing reports for the announcers and gates including who will be competing in which classes
- Close accounts with the exhibitors as they finish showing
- Collect outstanding balances that may have been caused by an addition after the exhibitor has closed out
- Prepare results reports and check requests for each association and submit them
Responsibilities during the off-season include but are not limited to:
- Selling and servicing local sponsorships, local ad sales and building and nurturing relationships with the local businesses, hotels and the community
- Pre-event preparation, organization and logistics
- Post-event follow-up, reporting of results and collections
- Handling exhibitor inquiries and assisting with production of Prize Lists and Programs
- Computer skills including proficiency Microsoft Office
- Equine Experience (preferably Hunter/Jumper) preferred
- Willing to travel to Horse Shows in all states in which HITS operates
- Availability on weekends and holidays as required by show schedules
- Sales and Marketing Experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be an organized, independent worker/self-starter with a flexible sensibility to the ever-changing demands of event work
- Must be creative and possess a positive attitude
- Must be a team player and possess the ability to work with multiple departments
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Professional presentation and attire