HITS, Inc. is a special events management company primarily focused on producing hunter/jumper horse shows. Based in upstate New York in the village of Saugerties, HITS produced its first horse show circuit in Gainesville, Florida in 1982. Since then, HITS has grown into a nationwide company with world-class hunter-jumper circuits in Florida, New York, Virginia and Illinois.
HITS produces two of the richest grand prix in the world with the Great American $1 Million Grand Prix in Ocala, Florida and the Saugerties $500,000 Grand Prix in Saugerties, New York.
To apply, send resume to email@example.com
SPONSORSHIP FULFILLMENT ASSOCIATE
JOB LOCATION: Ocala, Florida or Chicago, Illinois
About Sponsorship Fulfillment:The Sponsorship Fulfillment Associate is a member of the HITS sponsorship team responsible for the onsite execution and fulfillment of partnership throughout the horse shows. The team works closely with many other departments, as well as with corporate sponsors, VIPS and exhibitors themselves, to ensure all deliverables are met, and managed to deadlines.
This position provides deep hands on experience in a fast paced environment. It’s the perfect role to jumpstart your career and build a vast skillset.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, strong communicator who enjoys collaboration, working directly with customers, but also likes the behind-the-scenes work that makes an event come to life. This person must be able to adaptable to many different situations and people, ready to juggle multiple projects, detail-oriented, and excited to work in a fast-paced environment.
This position requires travel for 10 to 12 consecutive weeks each year to either Ocala, FL or Chicago, IL.
Responsibilities: The Sponsorship Fulfillment Associate reports directly to the Corporate Sponsorship Director and is responsible for:
- The ongoing oversight and execution of all deliverables, logistics and overall execution of sponsorship deliverable leading up to and during deadlines.
- Work directly with sponsors and reps when they are onsite
- Manage local restaurant and lodging partner relationships
- Manage day-to-day needs of VIP for sponsors and exhibitors
- Track and report contract fulfillment for circuit end sponsor reports
- Work closely with Corporate Sponsorship Director and partner groups to ensure a successful sponsor and customer experience for assigned portfolio management.
- Other sponsorship related duties as needed
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong understanding of hunter/jumper horse shows
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrates Personal Motivation
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Excel (advanced knowledge preferred), Word and Power Point
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Marketing, Hospitality, Sales or Operations
- One year in a business environment
- Commensurate with experience.
Resume and cover letter should be sent to Megan Hildebrand, Corporate Sponsorship Director at Meganh@HITShows.com
IT person for a mid to large size company with principal office in Saugerties, New York. Duties to include:
Computer & Information Technology Management
HITS, Inc, is looking for a highly motivated IT manager, willing to work hands on with projects at its home office in Saugerties, as well its various horse show facilities, Diamond Mills Hotel and Tavern, Black Barn Restaurant, and HITS Endurance events. Some travel to event sites is required.
Duties will include a range of tasks including, but not limited to:
- Consulting and assessing current computer equipment in use
- Regular maintenance of hardware and software issues
- Provide user-friendly transition to new equipment when required; data and settings transfer, etc,
- Streamlining the existing network
- Ensuring data recovery is possible quickly in the event of a disaster.
- Organizing and maintaining contracts for phone/internet service at home office and various facilities.
- Organizing and maintaining contracts for network copiers, postage meter, and other hardware and software licenses including SAGE/Peachtree Accounting System and Adobe InDesign Suite.
- Work with POS systems, phone and internet, in-house security cameras, and other networking and AV needs at Diamond Mills Hotel and Tavern.
- Work with Jaguar Timing software for HITS Endurance company, travel to events as needed, currently 8 events per year
- On-call for networking issues at horse show facilities. May require assistance on weekend or off-hours if issues arise during events
- Development and expansion of wireless internet access at horse show facilities for staff and customers. May require travel to each facility once or twice per year.
- Maintenance of existing websites for all companies, including compliance with ADA requirements.
- Maintenance of corporate email structure
- Recommending upgrades for hardware and software with an eye toward efficiency and budget
Candidates should have the following skills:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and general IT skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills; Ability to develop effective solutions to unstructured problems
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, verbal and written
In addition to competitive salary, HITS, Inc. offers participation in its Group Health Plan, 401(k) and paid vacation. If interested, please send resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HITS Endurance Digital Media and Customer Service Specialist
Position Description Overview - The Digital Media and Customer Service Specialist is responsible for managing all aspects of digital marketing and communications and providing customer service through email, telephone and personal interactions with customers. The position is exempt. Nights and weekend days are required in this position. Travel is required. Key responsibilities are listed below as well as other tasks as assigned.
- Develop and manage digital marketing campaigns via email, social media and website communications
- Devise strategies to drive online traffic to the company’s websites
- Oversee the social media strategy for the company
- Manage updates to company websites
- Provide effective customer service by responding to incoming email and telephone inquiries as well as personal interactions at events
- Manage volunteer recruitment, selection, communications and event implementation
- Manage orders for participant shirts, finisher medals, swim caps, etc.
- Manage Tri Club relationships
- Maintain email lists
- Manage customer surveys
Requirements of the role
- Strong understanding of current digital marketing concepts, strategy and best practice
- Experience in ecommerce, SEO, PPC, Email marketing and social media
- Previous experience in a similar digital marketing role
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of triathlon and running event planning, marketing and management; exceptional customer service practices
- Ability to Manage multiple tasks in a detailed and effective manner; ability to implement cost-effective programs to meet the needs of the race; ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and draft effective plans of action
- Excellent organizational and communication skills; excellent interpersonal and public relations skills
- Detail oriented, flexible and adaptable; ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under pressure
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, make efficient decisions
- Working knowledge of design process for promotional materials and advertising and media plans; ability to work effectively with graphic designer and marketing coordinator
- Computer literate with current software programs, including Microsoft Office, online registration system
- Able and willing to work long hours, nights and weekends; travel extensively
Horse Show Secretary – Full-Time
Responsibilities during horse shows include but are not limited to:
- Organizing and inputting all entries and monies received prior to the show
- Preparing class sheets, orders of go, schedules and other organizational needs for the competition
- Travel to either CA or FL for winter show circuit
- Setting up the office and replenishing association forms
- Greeting exhibitors, parents, spectators and sponsors
- Checking in exhibitors and ensuring all association and horse show requirements are met
- Understanding the rules and classes of the show to help exhibitors when entering
- Help exhibitors register for and/or drop classes
- Inputting results as they come in from the rings
- Establishing orders for any class that needs one
- Ensuring exhibitors are in the correct classes
- Preparing and printing reports for the announcers and gates including who will be competing in which classes
- Close accounts with the exhibitors as they finish showing
- Collect outstanding balances that may have been caused by an addition after the exhibitor has closed out
- Prepare results reports and check requests for each association and submit them
Responsibilities during the off-season include but are not limited to:
- Selling and servicing local sponsorships, local ad sales and building and nurturing relationships with the local businesses, hotels and the community
- Pre-event preparation, organization and logistics
- Post-event follow-up, reporting of results and collections
- Handling exhibitor inquiries and assisting with production of Prize Lists and Programs
- Computer skills including proficiency Microsoft Office
- Equine Experience (preferably Hunter/Jumper) preferred
- Willing to travel to Horse Shows in all states in which HITS operates
- Availability on weekends and holidays as required by show schedules
- Sales and Marketing Experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be an organized, independent worker/self-starter with a flexible sensibility to the ever-changing demands of event work
- Must be creative and possess a positive attitude
- Must be a team player and possess the ability to work with multiple departments
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Professional presentation and attire