Del Mar Horsepark Develops Advisory Boards Ahead of Grand Reopening
Del Mar, Ca. – April 14, 2023 – The new management team at HITS, LLC is hard at work preparing Del Mar Horsepark ahead of its grand reopening during the Del Mar Sunshine Classic July 12-16, 2023. In addition to extensive facility improvements, CEO Peter Englehart and General Manager Dale Harvey have worked together to create an Advisory Committee and Trainers Committee to support HITS Del Mar as it enters a new era.
The Advisory Committee includes six California residents who will be focused on the development and the future of the Del Mar Horsepark. The committee includes:
- Carla Echols-Hayes Solana Beach, Ca. who co-founded Friends of Del Mar Horsepark and has coached thousands of technical and financial experts, managers, bankers, credit analysts, and technical sales professionals to write with data successfully. Carla was instrumental in the re-opening of Del Mar Horsepark.
- Laura Demarco Del Mar,Ca. who is a senior investment management executive with over 30 years of experience and serves as a Founding Board Member of the Friends of Del Mar Parks, Friends of Del Mar Bluffs, and Co-Founder of the Friends of Del Mar Horsepark. Laura was instrumental in the re-opening of Del Mar Horsepark.
- Sean Caddell Encinitas,Ca. who has pushed the envelope in real estate and established himself as the top agent in San Diego’s luxury coastal and equestrian communities.
- Megan Camaisa Rancho Santa Fe,Ca. who co-founded Calidi Biotherapeutics which is a clinical-stage immuno-oncology company revolutionizing the development and commercialization of novel allogenic stem cell-based platforms for the delivery and potentiation of oncolytic viruses in the treatment of cancer.
- Ellie Hardesty San Diego,Ca. who is a dedicated member of the dressage community in San Diego, and a member of the California Dressage Society’s San Diego Chapter
- Laura Maloney Rancho Santa Fe,Ca. who owns Maloney Pony LLC, and won the Great American Insurance Group/USDF Region 7 Intermediate II Adult Amateur title.
The Trainer Committee is comprised of seven highly regarded California hunter/jumper and dressage professionals who will be advising HITS Del Mar on the USEF-sanctioned events that it produces at the park each year. The committee includes:
- Guillermo Obligado of Woodgrove Farm in Rancho Santa Fe, who has more than 20 years' experience in the equestrian world and has represented Argentina at the 2006 World Equestrian Games in Aachen, Germany and 2006 FEI World Cup Finals in Kuala Lumpur.
- Sean Leckie of Blue Ridge Farms in San Juan Capistrano, who has worked with Leslie Steele, Heritage Farms and Mclain Ward and is now pursuing his dream of having a top show barn on the West Coast.
- John Bragg of Bridgeport Farms in San Juan Capistrano, who has a lifelong career training hunters and jumpers and has won numerous year-end championships, and Horse of the Year titles.
- Matt Archer of Shady Lane Farm in San Francisco, who had notable success in his junior and amateur years, amassing an impressive array of medals, trophies, ribbons, and honors.
- Christine Traurig Rancho Santa Fe, Ca. who was born and raised in Hanover Germany and is one of the most respected female dressage riders on the international scene, and has since become a member of USEF’s Dressage High-Performance Committee and is the United States Equestrian Federation's Young Horse Coach.
- Michael Endicott of Pegasus Show Stables, which has produced numerous National and Regional Champions from pony, hunters, and equitation through Grand Prix. Endicott has represented the United States at World Cup Finals and Nation’s Cup events, and is currently the Chef d’ Equip of the USHJA Zone 10 Young Rider Program.
- Kim Stordahl Vista,Ca.who is a USDF Bronze, Silver and Gold Medalist and won the 1989 US Olympic Festival Silver Team Medal, the 1989 North American Adult Prix St. Georges/Intermediare I Gold Medalist in Canada and much more.
HITS Del Mar is excited to be working with each of these individuals, who will provide valuable insights and support as the Del Mar Horsepark prepares for a bright future under the new management team at HITS, LLC. For more information visit hitsdelmar.com or follow us on social media.