Specs. - Great American $1 Million Grand Prix – Ocala, Florida
When: Sunday, March 25, 2018, Ocala Championship - X
Where: HITS Post Time Farm, Ocala, FL
• 40 riders based on the Great American Million Rider Rankings.
• 5 additional riders may be chosen at the discretion of management (management reserves the right to extend additional discretionary spots if the desired number of riders has not been met by going down the Rider Ranking list).
How to Qualify:
• Rider Rankings will be calculated based on Money Won by the horse/rider combination.
• It will be a rider’s top money-winning horse that will determine the rider’s final ranking.
• The rider (on any horse or horses) must compete in the SUNDAY Grand Prix at any three HITS Ocala Winter Circuit or Ocala Holiday Series shows prior to the week of the Great American Million.
• The Rider may ride any horse(s) in the qualifying classes. Multiple rides in one class do NOT count as “multiple classes”.
Additional Qualifying Specifications:
• In the event that two or more riders are qualified for the final qualifying position, all those tied will qualify.
• If a qualified rider declines, the next rider in the standings will be invited until all 40 slots are filled.
• The rider may ride only one (1) horse in the Great American Million, but may ride any horse of his/her choice.
• The last Qualifying Class counting toward rider rankings will be at HITS Ocala Winter Celebration IX.
Specifications: II.2.a. High Performance Standard. Secure Stabling rules will be in effect. Horses must be on the grounds by Wednesday noon, March 21.
Order of Go:
The order will be reverse order of the Final Standings. The five discretionary spots and any additional discretionary spots will be placed first, their order to be drawn.
Prize Money: Awarded 1-20
1 - $350,000 5 - $75,000 9 - $15,000 13 - $3,500 17 - $3,500
2 - $200,000 6 - $40,000 10 - $10,000 14 - $3,500 18 - $3,500
3 - $120,000 7 - $30,000 11 - $7,500 15 - $3,500 19 - $3,500
4 - $100,000 8 - $20,000 12 - $4,500 16 - $3,500 20 - $3,500