Specs. - R.W. Mutch Equitation Championship
Desert Circuit VIII, March 12-17, 2019
Open to junior riders who have placed 1st, 2nd or 3rd in any USEF Medal, ASPCA Maclay, USEF Talent Search, WIHS Equitation Classic (either phase or overall), M&S Junior Medal or CPHA Junior Medal from any series of AA shows of 3 (three) weeks or longer after January 1, 2019
- Round I: To compete over a course of fences set at 3'6" to include gymnastics, trot fences, oxers, verticals and combinations, as well as a counter canter.
Round II: The top ten will return in reverse order. To be shown over a technical, jumper-type course. Fences 3'6". Time allowed measured at a speed of 350 meters/minute.
Round III: At judges discretion. May include USEF Equitation tests 1-19.
ADDITIONAL RULES GOVERNING THE COMPETITION
- All horses must remain in the schooling area under the supervision of the Judge/Steward and the paddock managers.
- Riders are responsible for the course walk as well as the management and schooling of their own horse.
- Each rider is allowed to have one groom in the holding area to assist with the horse and to set fences in the schooling area, at the direction of the rider.
- Riders are not allowed to leave the designated schooling area, rider seating area or holding area at any time unless accompanied by the supervising Judge/Steward.
- Trainers will not be allowed to enter the designated schooling area, rider seating area or holding area at any time.
- Any communication between the rider and trainer will result in immediate elimination.
- All cell phones and similar devices will be collected and returned at the conclusion of the class.
Conventional tack per JP 111. Running or standing martingales used in the conventional manner are permitted. Change of tack is permissible between phases.
AWARDS & PRIZE MONEY
- Ribbons and Awards through tenth place
- Best Equitation Horse Award
- Best Turned Out Horse/Grooms Award