Specs. - AIG $1 Million Grand Prix – Thermal, California
When: Sunday, March 18, 2018, HITS Desert Circuit VIII
Where: HITS Desert Horse Park, Thermal, California
• 40 Riders based on the AIG Million Rider Rankings
• 5 Additional riders may be chosen at the discretion of management (management reserves the right to extend additional discretionary spots if the desired number of riders has not been met by going down the Rider Ranking list).
• 1 Leading Grand Prix Rider from the 2018 Arizona Winter Circuit (based on money won by the horse/rider combination).
How to Qualify:
• Rider Rankings will be calculated based on money won by the horse/rider combination.
• It will be a rider’s top money-winning horse that will determine the rider’s final ranking.
• The rider must compete in at least one (1) Grand Prix at four HITS Desert Circuit Horse Shows prior to the week of the AIG Million.
• Money won in a Grand Prix at the National Sunshine Series will count toward the rider rankings but the rider will become eligible for the ranking list only after meeting the four-class requirement at the HITS Desert Circuit.
• The Rider may ride any horse(s) in the qualifying classes. Multiple rides in one class do NOT count as “multiple classes”.
Additional Qualifying Specifications:
• In the event that two or more riders are qualified for the final qualifying position, all those tied will qualify.
• If a qualified rider declines, the next rider in the standings will be invited until all 40 slots are filled.
• The Top 20 Qualified Riders on the Rider Ranking List who enter may ride two (2) horses in the AIG Million. All other riders may ride one (1) horse in the AIG Million, Riders may ride any horse(s) of his/her choice
• The last Qualifying Class counting toward rider rankings will be at Desert Circuit VII.
Specifications: Table II.2.a., National Standard. Secure Stabling rules will be in effect. Horses must be on the grounds by Wednesday noon, March 14.
Order of Go:
The order will be reverse order of the Final Standings. The five discretionary spots and any additional discretionary spots will be placed first, their order to be drawn. The rider qualifying from the Arizona Winter Circuit will be placed in the order according to their money won.
Prize Money: Awarded 1-20
1 - $350,000 5 - $75,000 9 - $15,000 13 - $3,500 17 - $3,500
2 - $200,000 6 - $40,000 10 - $10,000 14 - $3,500 18 - $3,500
3 - $120,000 7 - $30,000 11 - $7,500 15 - $3,500 19 - $3,500
4 - $100,000 8 - $20,000 12 - $4,500 16 - $3,500 20 - $3,500